Framing and Display Options for your Reproductions
The reproductions on this site are primarily sold as “print only” for one simple reason – it’s safer and cheaper to transport a rolled print around the world and have it framed locally.
However, for those of you within Australia, that would like us to provide a finished product, ready to hang, we offer a range of framing options to suit every image and the home it will hang in.
CANVAS PRINTS -
Our Art Reproduction canvas prints are made on high quality 100% Cotton or Cotton Poly canvas, using Canon Lucia inks and then spray-coated with a UV inhibiting, protective laminate. This combination guarantees the longest life possible for your prints. We offer several framing options for canvas prints…
- 18mm deep stretcher bar – typically used for smaller canvas prints up to 30 x 40cm or for any stretched canvas print that has an outer decorative frame.
- 32mm deep stretcher bar – this is by far the most popular bar for stretching canvas – it is suitable for canvas prints from 30x30cm up to 140 x 300cm. This bar is also used when you select a “Shadow Box” frame which is a great way to finish off a stretched canvas.
- 42mm and 50mm stretcher bar – this is a reversible bar that give the image a much ‘chunkier’ look – very impressive on larger images.
PAPER PRINTS –
Our Art Reproduction paper prints are offered on a variety of papers, usually chosen by the artist as the one that best replicates the original artwork. Typically our art print papers are 100% Cotton Rag papers from the finest manufacturers in the world. All paper prints should be framed with a matte (double and triple mattes also available) and glass or acrylic for protection. The mattes is required to keep the print from touching the glass and reduce the risk of it sticking to the glass should moisture (usually caused by humidity) enter the frame.
- Frames – we have a wide range of mouldings to suit any decor.
- Mattes – colours to suite every image. Choose a single or double matte as the typical option or for something really special, a triple matte can make a beautiful artwork look brilliant! Our computerised matte cutter allows us to create any shape required from a standard rectangle to the perfect circle or oval. If you want something a little different, we can create all sorts of fancy corners, antique styles and much more.
FLOATING ACRYLIC MOUNTS –
A new and exciting mounting method, typically used for photographic images is now also being used for displaying artwork in a more modern way. Your chosen image is mounted directly onto the back of a piece of 4.5mm acrylic using a special optically clear adhesive. You view your image through the acrylic and the print appears to hang without supports on the wall.
METAL MOUNTS –
The Metal Mounts look a little similar to Floating Acrylic Mounts once they are on the wall but the technique is totally different. Your print is laminated with a high quality gloss or lightly textured plastic coating then mounted onto a piece of 3mm Aluminium Composite Panel. This offers the thinnest wall mounted option. Again the print appears to “float” on the wall with no apparent hanging method.
CALL US FOR A CHAT -
Framing your artwork correctly is critical to having it look fantastic on the wall in your home. We can help you get it right. Once you place your order for your selected prints, we will contact you to discuss framing and presentations options. You are quite welcome to purchase the print only but we’d love to help you with the complete package. If you want to chat to us, simply call on 07 3139 1323 or 1300 465522. You can also email us anytime on firstname.lastname@example.org.